The ruins of Portpatrick old parish church are situated on the north side of St Patrick Street in the centre of the village. The church, dedicated to Saint Andrew rather than Saint Patrick, was built in 1628-29 to serve the newly created Portpatrick parish. It was built in a cruciform or Greek cross plan and may be the earliest cruciform church in Galloway.
Use the interactive plan to quickly view headstone locations, inscriptions and photographs or use the search facility, located at the top of the page, to search by keyword or phrase.
Portpatrick old parish church was built in 1628-29 and continued in use until 1842. The adjacent graveyard continued to be used for burial until the later 19th century.
A number of the monuments in Portpatrick Kirkyard refer to named vessels and wrecks including The Lion, The SS Orion, The Eugenie, The Palmer, The Dasher, The Fury and the Westmorland.